Charlbury Green Hub
FARMERS MARKET: Playing Close, Charlbury
Visit the Charlbury Green Hub stall to browse and borrow books, and bring bras, spectacles, batteries, printer cartridges, water filter cartridges, mobile phones, and lightbulbs for recycling.
Charlbury Green Hub provides a pop-up SESI detergent refill station for household cleaning products. We have their full range for refilling your own bottles together with new bottles of product for buying this time (50p for the bottle) and refilling another time.
Refill price per litre + 50p for initial bottle
£2.00/litre Washing-up liquid (unfragranced) - 500ml bottle
£2.00/litre Washing-up liquid (spiced ginger) - 500ml bottle
£2.50/litre Non-bio laundry liquid - 1 litre bottle
£3.00/litre Biological laundry liquid - 1 litre bottle
£2.00/litre Fabric conditioner - 1 litre bottle
£7.00/litre Delicate and hand laundry liquid - 500ml bottle
£2.00/litre All purpose cleaner (lavender & rosemary) - 500ml bottle
£3.00/litre Cream cleanser - 500ml bottle
£1.00/litre White vinegar for cleaning - 1 litre bottle
£1.50/litre Window and glass cleaner (sea grass) - 500ml spray bottle
£2.40/litre Toilet cleaner (lotus & sea salt) - 1 litre bottle
£2.00/litre Hard water rinse aid for dishwashers - 1 litre bottle
£6.00/litre Fig hand soap - 500ml pump dispenser
£6.00/litre English rose hand soap - 500ml pump dispenser
Also come and find out more about our two new initiatives here in Charlbury: the new DIY Spares web page for paint etc.
Fresh local seasonal produce for sale at our local market which is held quarterly on the second Saturday in March, June, September and December.
A very useful booklet 'Act Global Eat Local: a food directory for Oxford'has been produced by Low Carbon Oxford North about local food suppliers.
Local Food Markets:
- Charlbury Farmers Market is quarterly on the 2nd Saturday in March, June, September, December
- Woodstock Farmers Market is on the 1st Saturday and 3rd Saturday every month
- Chipping Norton Farmers Market is on the 3rd Saturday every month
- Witney Farmers Market is on the 4th Friday every month
- Oxford Farmers Market Gloucester Green on the 1st & 3rd Thursdays every month
- Headington Farmers Market on both sides of London Road every Saturday morning 10am-2pm
- Summertown Farmers Market outside M&S on Banbury Road every Sunday 10am-2pm
- Wolvercote Farmers' Market White Hart Community Pub, 126 Godstow Road, Wolvercote OX2 8PQ every Sunday 10am-1pm
- North Parade Farmers Market North Parade every 2nd & 4th Saturdays 10am-2pm
- South Oxford Farmers Market, Community Centre in Lake Street Community centre every Sunday 9.30am-12noon
- East Oxford Community & Farmers Market East Oxford Primary School (behind Tescos) every Saturday 10am-1pm
- Charlbury Monthly Makers Market every 4th Thursday 5-7.30pm at Memorial Hall, Browns Lane, Charlbury
- Chipping Norton Country Market every Saturday 9-11am at The Lower Town Hall, Chipping Norton & in The Market Place at the Farmers Market on the 3rd Saturday every month
- Eynsham Country Market every Thursday 9-10.30am at St Leonard's Hall, Thames Street, Eynsham. OX29 4HF
Farm Shops & Farm Gate:
- The Kitchen Garden People Weekly salad bag and vegetable share all year round for signed up members, collection from Chadlington or delivery to Leafield, Finstock, and Charlbury. Order Deep's sourdough bread from The Bread Shed for collection/delivery with the veg share.
- Church Lane Produce at Spelsbury (2 miles away) Front door honesty stall open every day, seasonal vegetables and eggs
- Worton Organic Garden, Farm Shop & Cafe , Cassington (10 miles away) every Friday & Saturday 10am-4pm and Sunday 11am-4pm
- North Aston Organics for vegetables and North Aston Dairy (11 miles away) Charlbury is not in their delivery area, but you can make a regular order and collect on a Friday or you can buy vegetables from the honesty stall at the farm. Dairy produce includes milk, cream, yoghurt, and ice cream and need to be ordered for collection every Friday on a regular basis. In the same village as Nicholson Nurseries' Garden Centre & Yurt Cafe
- Daylesford Organic Farm Shop & Restaurant (11 miles away)
- Cultivate Mobile Farm Shop Sunday morning at Summertown Market (15 miles away). Also order online for deliveries in Oxford on a Friday or for collection at Kidlington (11 miles away) on a Thursday.
- Skylarks Organic Box Scheme based in the local market gardening counties of Hereford & Worcestershire and delivered to Charlbury each week
- Upton Smokery OX18 4LY near Burford (11 miles away) specialises in smoked meats, smoked fish, biltong and seasonings. Also Upton Firehouse restaurant open Friday-Sunday 12-4pm
- Willowbrook Organic Meat from Hampton Gay, near Bletchingdon, OX5 2QQ (11 miles away) also honey and Zaytoun products
- Rissington Hereford Beef Boxes from Great Rissington (15 miles away) for 100% grass-fed beef phone 07714 720640
- Northmoor Beef Boxes from Rectory Farm, Northmoor (16 miles away)
- Kite's Nest Farm near Broadway (24 miles away) for 100% grass-fed beef
- Oxfordshire Farm Shops
- Pick Your Own Farms
- Farm Shop UK for locations near Charlbury